Contact Information

  • Photographer: Janae Bingham 801-253-9511 memoriesbyjanae@gmail.com

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Quality Control and Changes for 2009

If you are a previous client, you know that I used to offer the full resolution disc with each shoot. I always stressed the importance of having your prints made at one of my preferred labs, but I realize that does not always happen. I have seen some of the prints that clients have made that have not been at a high quality lab, and they are not even comparable to what they could and SHOULD be! I think that people do not realize what a huge difference it makes where the prints are made. So, to prove my point, I did a test using my prefered photo lab, and a local Costco. See the examples below.

This print was made at my prefered photo lab. It is a 20x24. Note that this is a shot from a point and shoot camera, and the photo is much brighter in real life.
This print is an 8x10 and was made at Costco. Notice how muddy and dark the colors are. NOT EVEN COMPARABLE!



In order to control the quality of enlargements made in the future, all prints 8x10 and larger MUST BE MADE THROUGH ME. This is to YOUR benefit as well as mine. It assures that you will get a high quality, properly cropped and framed piece of "art" to display in your home. Also, my work, which I put my heart and soul into, will not be at the mercy of poor quality printers.

HOWEVER, I still believe that all images of the shoot should be yours, for you to use as you wish on blogs, facebook, scrapbooks, Christmas Cards etc. So, your shoot will still include a disc, but it will be a MID RESOLUTION disc. This means that you will be able to make prints up to a 4x6 from the disc. I think this will be a benefit to many, as I have found that many past clients procrastinate taking their disc in to be printed as it seems an overwhelming task to them. This will take that headache away from the client, and leave it in the hands of professionals.

My print prices are very reasonable, and can be found on my website, under "Information" and "Pricing".

3 comments:

Candy said...

Wow, that is a big difference!

Kris Doman said...

Way to go, Janae!! I'm so proud of you sticking up for your quality. I missed seeing you at the last IPPA gathering. Are you going to the Spring Quarterly?

Angela said...

Wow totally well said! I have just recently been running into this problem as well. I look at prints (even some 4x6's) and they look NOTHING like the way I edited them! I love your solution for this. And it's totally true about being at the mercy of lower quality printers. Plus you edit so well that your clients should have their nice prints look the way they are supposed to. Thanks for sharing!

Photo Categories